Are you working on a critical issue in your county, region or through one of your Extension teams? Chances are faculty or staff in an Ohio State college are also interested in that issue. But, how do you find each other? How can you partner so that you can have a strong impact on the issue?
You can find potential Ohio State partners by:
- Talking to a state or field specialist. They may have connected with a colleague on the Columbus or regional campus studying the issues.
- Visiting the Outreach and Engagement Programs of Ohio State Colleges and Regional Campuses to learn more about their major initiatives.
- Visiting the Research in View page to find faculty who may have a similar interest
- Searching the Ohio State University home page. News stories or faculty webpages may surface that can help you connect with colleagues with similar interests.
- Taking advantage of campus events and university communications. Interest groups meet, seminars are held and teams are formed around many areas related to work OSU Extension employees are doing in communities. University emails, newsletters and publications regularly announce these types of events. When you see something of interest, reach out. You may be able to participate via technology in seminars or become involved in the teams.